Found on Jezebel. Follow the link to see the picture.
Category Archives: bigoted idiots
Juan Cole had an excellent post the other day. Michele Bachmann has charged Clinton aide Huma Abiden of ties to the Muslim Brotherhood…turns out Bachmann has deeper ties of her own.
3. Bachmann is a supporter of the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan and tried to visit with them.. The Northern Alliance was a coalition of forces fighting the Taliban. It consisted in part of the Jami’at-i Islami, to which many of its prominent members belonged. The Jami’at-i Islami is the Afghanistan branch of the Muslim Brotherhood, founded by Egyptian missionaries in the 1960s. Another component of the Northern Alliance was the Shiite Hizb-i Vahdat or Unity Party, which was allied with Iran in the 1990s.
So Bachmann is, once again, closely connected with the Muslim Brotherhood via the Afghanistan Northern Alliance.
So now we have campaign ads that seem to be trailers for horror movies. As a horror movie fan, I like it. As a responsible voter, I think it’s terrible. I like to think everyone who sees this will react appropriate, with incredulous laughter.
Since Santorum wants us to tremble in fear of Ahmadinejad, here’s a great post by Juan Cole: http://www.juancole.com/2012/03/khamenei-takes-control-forbids-nuclear-bomb.html
““The Iranian nation has never pursued and will never pursue nuclear weapons. There is no doubt that the decision makers in the countries opposing us know well that Iran is not after nuclear weapons because the Islamic Republic, logically, religiously and theoretically, considers the possession of nuclear weapons a grave sin and believes the proliferation of such weapons is senseless, destructive and dangerous.”
Wow, it’s been a long time since I posted. And this is a good thing, in the sense that Arab- and Islamophobia are being addressed on big blogs and in real news stories nowadays.
As for novels, it’s just been a while since I’ve read one that had silly stereotypes and misinformation about Arabs. But I’m still reading voraciously, so I’m bound to find something eventually.
But here’s something I didn’t see blogs picking up: the New York police department had a policy of following people who changed their names from Arab-sounding names to “normal” sounding names, and vice versa.
NEW YORK (AP) — Muslims who change their names to sound more traditionally American, as immigrants have done for generations, or who adopt Arabic names as a sign of their faith are often investigated and catalogued in secret New York Police Department intelligence files, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.
Like other NYPD intelligence programs created in the past decade, this one involved monitoring behavior protected by the First Amendment.
Monitoring name changes illustrates how the threat of terrorism now casts suspicion over what historically has been part of America’s story. For centuries, immigrants have Americanized their names in New York. The Roosevelts were once the van Rosenvelts. Fashion designer Ralph Lauren was born Ralph Lifshitz. Donald Trump’s grandfather changed the family name from Drumpf.
NYPD spokesman Paul Browne did not respond to messages left over two days asking about the legal justification for the program and whether it had identified any terrorists.
Early on, police added people with American names to the list so that if details of the program ever leaked out, the department would not be accused of profiling, according to one person briefed on the program.
Whatever an “American name” is. Sheesh.
The NYPD’s rules also prohibit opening investigations based solely on activities protected by the First Amendment. Federal courts have held that people have a right to change their names and, in the case of religious conversion, that right is protected by the First Amendment.
In fact, of those who agreed to talk at all, many said they Americanized their names because they were being harassed or were having problems getting a job and thought a new name would help.
It’s a long article. I recommend it. Surprised it hasn’t gotten more attention.
Yes, they sure can, young white man. Thank you for pointing that out for all the nice Americans watching. Talking Points Memo has a short article about a youngster who allegedly set fire to a mosque.
Court documents obtained by the Associated Press show that Crawford ranted against Muslims in his conversations with police and said that Christians were also capable of jihad.
“You look like Obama. You are a Muslim like him,” a court document quotes Crawford as telling an officer after he was arrested on Dec. 14 for a charge unrelated to the firebombing. “Jihad goes both ways. Christians can jihad too.”
Wonkette culled some comments from Free Republic. These guys know what religion the killer is. Gotta be Muslim, right?
Nobody knows what’s really going on in Oslo or at the holiday camp island in Norway where a bombing and a shooting have left many people dead, but it’s always safe for American Idiots on the Internet to jump in with a suspect (“Muslims”) and a verdict (“guilty”) and a list of co-conspirators (“Obama and the liberals”) and a punishment (“kill ‘em all”). No matter that a tall blond man of “Norwegian appearance” and wearing a police uniform is described as the shooter on Norway’s Utoya Island — thee muslins are increasingly able to appear as whatever people or things they want to appear as, just like the Cylons or Harry Potter. Here’s what the foreign policy experts at FreeRepublic.com are saying about the attacks right now:
* But thank God we’re safe here in the US with the man-thing Janet Napitalano focusing on “white terrorists” rather than worrying herself about Muslim terrorists. /s
* As tragic as this is, at least when and if we ever get a president who really wants to fight terror, we’ll have reliable allies in the effort.
* Execute everyone involved!
Indeed! Execute all tall blond men of Norwegian appearance.
* “Wipe them out….All of them!”
* RayburnThompson R. Alex Thompson
Dems just blocked a balanced budget, and there’s a terrorist attack in Norway… and #whenblackpeoplegetpaid is the top trending topic?
* This will not stop until a real war on islam begins… and we all know that it is muslim demons that are doing this.
The Norwegians need to round up every Muslim in the country and send them packing, immediately. We need to do the same thing, but of course we never will.
* That’s one thing the appeasers just don’t get. Sure they might not blow you up while you’re slowing giving up your way of life to theirs, but any holdups in that process will poush the warfare from cultural to general violence very quickly. Basically, submit or die. It’s what the islamics say and it’s what anyone with any sense understands. The PC types have no sense.
* That second explosion is a fake.
* Obviously this was retaliation by Islamic terrorists for the publication of cartoons 5, 6, years ago depicting Mohammad. As you can see Muslims never forget an affront… they are still fighting the invading Crusaders from 1500 years ago! We’re fighting this war on terrorism the wrong way. Instead of us just reacting to the threats and spending trillions of dollars in the process, what we need to do is that every time there’s a terrorist bombing we should select a Muslim city, at random, and bomb a few square blocks, equal to the terrorist bombing. That will give them something to think about…!
Haha, yes, the Crusades that began 1500 years ago. Before the birth of Muhammad, apparently.
* Interesting you mentioned them running the drug trade, I see reports the muslims push drugs in many non muslim countries. Interesting for such a devout people but they are victimizing non muslims, so it’s ok. I’ve also read they carry out Hatfield-McCoy type clan killings and wipe out muslim families down to the babies. They decide if you did something “wrong” to their family your whole seed is imperfect and they kill everyone. Meanwhile, we are taught how bad Christians are.
It’s simply beautiful that this commenter doesn’t see the irony of referring to the Hatfield-McCoy feud.
CNN called this a RANDOM act of terror
No. RANDOM would be if they killed Christane Amanpour.
Here’s an AP article about the attacker, which says he was “a right-winger with anti-Muslim views but no known links to hardcore extremists.” Disappointingly but not surprisingly, it does not mention his religion. I’m guessing it’s not Islam.
UPDATE: Let’s preemptively kill/arrest/deport everyone who looks like this? Yeah, that’ll fly.
UPDATE #2: The Guardianhas an article profiling this guy. Guess what! He is a Christian. Shocker.
Another significant event was being baptised into the Protestant church of “his own free will” at the age of 15. More recently, however, he had expressed his disgust at his own church. “Today’s Protestant church is a joke,” he wrote in an online post in 2009. “Priests in jeans who march for Palestine and churches that look like minimalist shopping centres. I am a supporter of an indirect collective conversion of the Protestant church back to the Catholic.”
And for the sake of search engines: Christian terrorism Christian terrorism Christian terrorism.
The folks at Right Wing Watch put together this video introducing us to the folks partnering with Texas governor Rick Perry in his Christians-only, pray-for-competent-governance-because-I’m-a-waste-of-space rally.
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/ is the url.